How to Use Italian Phone While in Italy
There are lots of Filipinos in Italy, and there are lots of travellers in Italy who can only speak English, this guide will help travellers in Italy.
So you are new in Italy and you do not know how to use an italian phone, so here is a nifty guide to get started on how to start calling your hotel and travel consultant. Knowing how to use the proper communication while on travel is a essential not only for geeks but for normal traveller as well.
You can try the following instruction :
- Get a scheda telefonica (magnetic calling card) at a store (la tabaccheria) or a café. The card will allow the caller to call a prepaid amount of the card—usually a 5 or 10 euro value.
- Find a telefono pubblico (public telephone).
- Clip off the scored corner of the scheda telefonica.
- Slide the scheda telefonica into the opening as indicated, or deposit the coins. When you insert the card in the phone, a small digital screen will show how much is still available on the card.
- Dial the desired number.
But of course it will be great if you could have a mobile phone capable of having a roaming call or text in Italy.
And here are some common vocabulary words that you could say while you are in Italy.
- Chi parla?-Who is speaking?
- C’è [Carlo], per favore?-Is [Carlo] in?
- prefisso internazionale -prefix to call your country
- prefisso per l’Italia -prefix to call Italy-
- fuso orario -time difference
This is a result of my research about the topic. if you could add more details, for our English speaking visitors in Italy , it will be highly appreciated.